When Should You Rebrand Your Business?
I had the sense I wanted to rename our Path to Profit summit last fall but struggled with what to call it, when to make the change and how to communicate with my husband why I felt it was important. You see, I am creative and it’s pretty easy for me to switch gears and want to shift directions often which can be frustrating for Brad.
We spend a lot of together dreaming, planning and talking through challenges like this one. We often do this on long beach walks or long drives in the car. This particular day, Brad was accompanying me to a speaking engagement a couple of hours away. As we talked through the renaming, it was clear to both of us that it was time for a rebrand.
You should see my notes of ideas, thoughts, words, and rewrites. It’s not simple to rebrand your business or even just an event like ours.
Here are 3 tips for knowing if you need to rebrand your business:
- Your business is no longer just your personal brand.
For 3 years I was just me; my website and brand revolved around my personal name at www.MinetteRiordan.com. When Brad joined the team, it was time to create a brand that incorporated both of us. That’s when the idea for The Path to Profit Academy was born.
- Your services and products change, expand or go away.
If what you are currently offering doesn’t match your brand, it’s time for a refresh. We realized that a new name, The Creative Business Summit, would better convey what we do and who we do it for. We also realized we had too many things called Path to Profit and we were confusing our clients (and ourselves.)
- Your brand isn’t attracting the right clients or you want to re-introduce your brand to your clients. The secret to branding is to remember that your brand isn’t only about you, it’s also about who you want to do business with. Notice how we are taking this opportunity to share with you, our ideal clients, about our rebrand (wink wink) and using it as a teachable moment.
There are many other considerations when it comes to rebranding but I advise you to take your time before leaping into a complete overhaul. Remember that your brand is not your logo or your colors, it’s the complete representation of your company in the marketplace.
We realized with the Creative Business Summit that:
1. We needed a new name for our summit that was part of our brand, not the whole brand so that we could distinguish the summit from our other offerings.
2. We wanted a name for the summit that would capture better what it is we accomplish at the event.
3. We needed a name that would attract who we want at our events: creative women entrepreneurs who might be coaches, artists, designers, freelancers or other creatives.
It feels like a brand that is growing up and evolving along with our visions and dreams for our business. The name may change again but for now, we are going to give this one some time to grow with us and with our attendees.
As you look ahead at 2017, ask if you need a complete rebranding of your business or just an update or refresh.
If your brand isn’t communicating the right message to the public, consider making small changes like different photos, new colors or fresh copywriting.
Taking baby steps like these is a great way to test a brand before investing in a complete overhaul of your company’s look and feel.
And if you’d like to learn more about our upcoming Creative Business Summit, here are a few more details.
Creative Business Summit: Dream. Design. Profit
Discover the 5 Essential Strategies to Unleash Your Creative Business Success
What is the Creative Business Summit?
The Creative Business Summit is a 3-day transformational workshop designed with you, the creative, in mind. This event is perfect for you if are a coach, artist, designer, freelancer or creative business owner who is committed to growing your income and your impact doing work that you love.
This is not another inspirational and motivational seminar. This is a hands-on, done-with-you, business creation workshop. We will walk you step-by-step through our proven strategies, templates and worksheets so that you will feel perfectly prepared to reach your lifestyle and financial goals as fast as possible.
Co-founders Dr. Minette Riordan and Brad Dobson are committed to supporting you to 3x your sales, your clients and your income in 12 months so that you can enjoy more freedom, more abundance and more creativity.
At the Creative Business Summit you will:
- Learn the 5 essential strategies you need to build your thriving business
- Discover if your business model is right for your Creative Business Type
- Design your customized Creative Freedom Business Model
- Learn how to price your products and services for profit
- Create your no-fail Client Attraction Formula
- Discover the perfect marketing activities to get you in front of more clients
- Get our secrets to effective marketing strategies in just 30 minutes a day
- Fall in love with selling with our Creative Sales Success System
- Discover our fabulously fun strategies for increased productivity and time management, really!
- Laugh, Dance, and Make Art!
- Make lasting personal connections while networking with other creative women entrepreneurs.
We are known for attracting the most fun, dynamic and creative groups of people around!
To learn more or reserve your FREE TICKET*, click here.
We do ask for a $97.00 Refundable Seat Deposit. This is to ensure we have enough seats and materials for everyone. We will return your money when you register on day 1 of the Creative Business Summit.
We’d love your feedback, does our new copy resonate with you?