We both enjoyed Axel’s Diamond Formation Leadership model combining Globalization, Team Building, Cultural Sensitivity and Collaboration. I especially appreciated how the cultural sensitivity shows leaders how to not just ‘avoid stepping on another culture’s toes’ but to jump to the level of ‘understand and embrace cultural differences as a strength’, and how much in alignment that is with today’s borderless millenials. Fun interview and nice to see how passionate Axel is about his work.
Dr. Axel Meierhoefer
Dr. Meierhoefer is an experienced leadership expert and keynote speaker.
Born in Germany he joined the Air Force and served 22 years as an aviator and instructor. Dr. Meierhoefer retired from the Air Force in 2001 and became the executive director of ISG at Isera Group LLC, a software development company in Santa Barbara, California.
Since 2005 Dr. Meierhoefer owns his own consulting company AMC LLC. As a leadership expert, program manager, facilitator for executive education programs, workshop leader, and strategic advisor to the executive teams he has served on projects (from most current to least recent) at:
• Bayer Healthcare Berkeley, California, (international employee development)
• CISCO, San Jose, California (operational networking as internal consultants)
• Audi Mexico, Puebla, Mexico, (inter-cultural networking and relationship building)
• State Farm Insurance, Bloomington, Illinois, (global employee integration)
• Johnson & Johnson-First Line Leader Program (California, Panama, Columbia, Spain)
• General Electric (Internal Networking and relationship building)
• Boeing, Seattle, WA (Supply chain leadership re-integration learning map program)
• American Management Association (2005 – present), seminar leader for “The Voice of Leadership”-program in western US states
Dr. Meierhoefer completed a Master’s Degree in Organizational Management and a PhD in Leadership and Organization Change at Antioch University Santa Barbara. Due to his excellent training and relationship building skills he was asked to share his knowledge and expertise as an adjunct professor at:
• Antioch University Santa Barbara (Graduate program MAOM)
• University of California Santa Barbara (Undergraduate Program for Social Sciences)
• University of Applied Sciences Munich (Germany) – Young leader’s undergraduate program
• University of Dual Education Heidenheim (DHBW – undergraduate program of management)
Dr. Meierhoefer has published three books and is currently working on the book “The Art of Diamond Formation Leadership” to be published in 2017
You can also view this call’s video recording on our Youtube channel.